RedLine Writing Services – The Nitty Gritty
My services are geared toward the needs of authors and creative businesses in particular, helping you manage the marketing and business side of what you do so you can work on the creative side.
As there are so many ways you have to manage your business as well as promote it, I provide services focussed on these areas, lightening the workload so you can focus on the writing, creating, etc.
Author and Creative Business Focussed Writing Services
- Editing and proofreading print and digital books, workbooks, manuals, poetry, marketing materials
- Rewriting content for print and digital materials as well as website and social media content
- Formatting content in various document types such as Word, Pages, Docs, InDesign and Canva
- Building websites on the WordPress.com platform
- Set up the domain name, create the foundational elements for the site and add all content and media elements to each page
- Create internal page forms and link to client email
- Create simple graphics as required
- Write all metadata for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Link external platforms back to the site
Social Media Platform Builds
Putting together content provided by client for your social media which includes creating simple graphics for your profile picture, platform header, store products, uploading media (photos, podcasts, and videos).
Platforms: Facebook. Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Amazon, Goodreads, Pinterest, and YouTube.
eCommerce Set Up
- Build eCommerce into WordPress site using WordPress plugins or Ecwid store platform
- Upload client’s images and product descriptions
- Link to bank accounts or PayPal account for clients
- Manage customer queries for client
Using Adobe InDesign to create professional materials. Typesetting can also be done in Word and using Canva, but InDesign is the primary tool I use.
- Print books and manuals
- Marketing and business promotion materials
- Newsletters for print and digital distribution
Focussing primarily on authors and creative businesses, I help by setting things up and organising your business paraphernalia.
- Set up Scrivener writing software for authors – putting their manuscript in with separate chapters and reference sections and adding media, etc., as required
- Organise marketing materials for clients – get business cards, brochures, banners, etc., created, printed, delivered, etc.
- Organise book launches and creative promotional events
- Set up of spreadsheets and document templates in Excel, Word, Google Docs and Sheets
- Set up customer databases, organise client’s content, media resources, archives
- Create and manage customer application forms, survey forms, query forms, etc.
- Email management including liaising with customers on basic queries then forwarding more complex queries to the client
Publishing and Promotional Assistance
- Digital upload of your eBooks to Amazon, iTunes and your website and social media platforms
- Liaison with printers and print on demand publishers, distributors, bookstores and promoters, artists and illustrators, author agents, libraries, and traditional publishers
- Marketing for authors and creative businesses
- ISBN and National Library Records administration
Having a complimentary consultation to discuss your project ensures that we are on the same page and can create a customised plan to help you achieve your goals.
Complimentary phone or Skype/Zoom consultations run for 30 or 60 minutes and are available for Australian-based clients only. Email consultation also available.
Choose your consultation type below.
- FREE 30 MINUTE CONSULTATION
- Best option for simple projects
- FREE 45 MINUTE CONSULTATION
- Best option for complex projects